- Condoms are distributed in two main domains: Free distribution and Social Marketing.
- Condoms are available in all the districts: The National HIV/AIDS Control programme distribute condoms through the primary healthcare structure – health centres and clinics, but also through the 384 VCCT, 352 PMTCT and 111 ART centres nationwide.
- Over 4 million pieces of male condoms have been distributed through the free distribution system alone.
- 2,536,560 pieces of male condoms were sold through the social marketing
- A National situation analysis has been done and a Condom Strategic Plan developed.
- Tools for proper monitoring of the distribution and consumption of condoms have been developed
- There has been an increase in the demand for condoms (male and female)
- A National Condoms Programming Committee has been set up and functioning
- Partners are able to loan condoms from each other in case of internal shortage
- Female condoms form part of the social marketing with a brand name – “Safe Ride”
- Female condoms sales through the social marketing is 14, 472 pieces
- The Business Coalition Against AIDS in Sierra Leone (BCASL) has formed part of the condoms distribution network in especially the workplace.
- Procurement order has been made for male condoms for the year 2010.